Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas Eve and Day

I had Christmas Eve off this year.  I think that is a first in five years!  It was nice to be able to relax and enjoy the holiday a bit more than normal.  Working retail, holidays just aren't quite the same.  I can't ever go anywhere (at least very far) because I either have to work the day before, the day of, or the day after.  Last year, I got the flu on Christmas Eve.  I went into work at 7 am to set the new floor set and by 2 pm I was really not doing well.  I puked twice at work.  The second time I didn't quite make it to the toilet and it got all over my nice skirt, tights, and 4" high-heels. I stayed in bed Christmas Eve and most of Christmas Day - that was Matt's and my first Christmas. I couldn't go over to Heather and Steve's as planned because I couldn't get anyone sick - Heather was actually just about ready to have Brooklyn and really I couldn't eat anything anyway.  My parents were staying with us and so I tried to stay in the bedroom - quarantined for Christmas!  So, I was really grateful to be well this year and to be able to really enjoy all the food, the company, and thoughts of our Savior.

Christmas Eve we went back to Jon and Jess's and had breakfast for lunch with the same crew.
 




























Only problem was that they were doing some kind of construction on I-15 northbound and it took me over an hour to get to Jon's house.  I was on the verge of road rage when I saw that I couldn't even get on the highway from University Parkway and it took me over a half hour just to get over the overpass and onto Geneva Road.  By that time, Heather caught up to me.  She was on the highway just before University Avenue when I called her and told her to get off.
Thanks to Heather's handy map in the car and her excellent navigating, we made it onto some back roads and back to I-15 in American Fork.  We had a good time again and the food was excellent - homemade waffles with fruit and whipped cream and quiche.  

I found Ira enjoying a chocolate ball.  First of all, I have no idea how he got into it because I unwrapped another one for Beckham who couldn't open his own.  The adults were in the
 other room enjoying conversation and I happened to find Ira quietly enjoying his chocolate in this chair.  I hurried and grabbed the camera and told everyone to come look.  Of course when everyone came over he started hiding his face and proceeded to rub the chocolate ball all over his face - this is the result!  Jess had just put him in this nice sweater to go up and visit her family for the holiday.

Matt and I took it easy Christmas Eve.  We watched a bit of It's a Wonderful Life and The Christmas Story and enjoyed the fire.  We opened one present - my dad's tradition - pajamas.  


















Christmas Day we woke up at 8 am to open the rest of the loot, went over to Heather's for the day.  We had a great time with the girls.  Katie and I played Biggest Littlest Pet Shop.  We were able to talk to my parents via Skype.  They had a nice Christmas in Ghana with the other missionary couples.  

We had Matt's sister, Jackie and her family over for dinner.  We had a second Christmas dinner at Heather's house the next night.  

Jadon had a good time building with the blocks - the one toy we have in our house.  He also was way into Joshie's headlamp and cantine.  
When I found our headlamp for Jordan to use - he was feeling sad he didn't have one to play with - Jadon immediately offered the his headlamp to Jordan for the sleek one on Jordan's head.
Joshie and I had a good time chasing after each other.  He gave me a good workout as he tried to catch me.  We ran in circles all around the couches for about 20 minutes until I gave in.  I need to have him over every day so I can get my exercise in!
Little Jacob with Jackie - he was confined to the pack and play for a good part of the night - our house isn't quite child proof.  He is making all sorts of noises and is starting to talk. 


4 comments:

Kristin said...

Sounds like a marothon Christmas like ours! Looks like a good time though! Let's get together soon, besides bookclub I mean...ha!

Brian & Chelsey said...

Yes definatly marathon Chirstmas! But looks like you all had a great time! and how cool to be able to chat with your parents!!

Jackie said...

I look like such a cow.

Holly said...

What a great Christmas Eve/ Christmas Day. (DRAT THE SNOWY FORECAST!!!) I am glad you were able to enjoy it, even if I wasnt there to enjoy it with you. the Chocolate ball and Ira was a FANTASTIC picture. Great find!